Title: How to Avoid Dental Bridge Common Problems
A dental bridge is defined to be replaced with a missing tooth, and it is kept in the right place with the support of adjacent teeth. In other words, we can say that a dental bridge is used to fill up the space created by a lost tooth. In short, it is used as a missing tooth in the replacement of any tooth.
Dental Bridges Types:
Following are the four types of dental bridges, these are:
- Traditional bridges
- Cantilever bridges
- Maryland bridges
- Implant-supported bridges
Traditional bridges are mainly used as molars and premolars teeth. In a conventional dental bridge, dentists shape the tooth and fix it next to the fake one. These are commonly found most robust, practical, and durable.
Cantilever bridges areas similar to traditional bridges, and in this process of fixing the tooth, the fake one is specified on the actual tooth, and there should be at least one natural tooth next to the fake one. These are not such healthy teeth, so they can not be used as molars. These are used primarily as front teeth.
These are also called adhesive bridges and are supported with a metal framework. Primarily used in place of incisors. And rarely used as canine and molars.
This bridge is used as back teeth. i.e.; molars and premolars. It is most supportive for back teeth that are missing in a row. i.e., molars.
Causes of dental bridge problem:
- Poor oral hygiene
- Inadequate support
- Poor choice of material
- Not enough bone support
Poor oral hygiene:
The most cause of the failure of the bridge is oral hygiene. When we did not brush our teeth once or twice a day, it causes the decay of the bridge.
When the teeth cause uneven weight distribution, it becomes the cause of complication when overweighted, and the teeth become weak. And the bridge can fail also. In this case, healthy teeth cannot be used as a support to bridge.
Poor choice of material:
Different materials are used for making bridges, such as plastic. But you can get a better type of material, as per your payment. Such low-cost bridges are not long-lasting. And cause the problem after some time. But a good quality material smiles your teeth for a long run.
Not enough bone support:
The root of the jawbone supports a tooth, and when a tooth is lost, it weakens the jawbone. A traditional bridge only replaces the portion that is needed. As a result, the bone continues to waste, and the remaining natural teeth don’t have the support they need to stay, and as a result, the bridge can fail. We can replace the root of our tooth, and it stimulates the new bone growth to keep the jaw strong.
Precautions and how we can avoid dental bridge common problem?
- When you come to a doctor for bridge fixing, make sure that it is a wholly fixed bridge before leaving the doctor’s clinic because, afterward, it can cause some problems.
- You should avoid such foods that are too sticky or hard, and that stuck into your teeth.
- It would be suitable if you practice good oral hygiene. That is, you must brush your teeth once or twice a day. Or avoid harmful things to do with your teeth.
- You can consult your doctor for interdental cleaners that are easy to use with bridges and that not weakens the bone and bridge.
- Always use good quality and brush designed to reach all the parts of our teeth. So cleaning must make sure.
- Should take recommendations from the dentists/hygienist for the best mouth wash that is not harmful to bridge.
- It would help if you made a checkup now and then to make sure the working and intact of bridges.
- Should get regular cleanings from dentist/expert to avoid oral problems.
- A dental bridge is very safe and effective also long-lasting; you can take full advantage of this by avoiding unhealthy, sticky foods, being proactive, making sure your oral health, and avoiding good oral hygiene.
- Always use antiseptic mouth wash, such as Colgate, that prevents oral diseases and prevents hygiene and germs.
- We can also clean our bridge at home in specific ways, like cool water, with a specially designed brush to clean it thoroughly; denture cleaner is used.
- Avoid using abrasive household cleaners or toothpaste, which may cause the decay of the bridge and may poor the surface of a dental bridge. Don’t use hot water, and it may warp the removable dental bridge.
- Metal attachments on the bridge can get rust because they are left in water overnight or denture cleaner. Only you can do it, by the recommendation of your dentist.